Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much should it cost to change the spark plugs and replace the transmission fluid/filter on a Grand Prix?

I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE. It has 102,000 miles on it and I'm wondering roughly what it should cost to have the spark plugs replaced and have my transmission fluid and filter changed. I live in LA.



ThanksHow much should it cost to change the spark plugs and replace the transmission fluid/filter on a Grand Prix?
Josh didn't mention changing his transmission filter so, add about $20 or so.



Yes, you %26quot;have%26quot; to have the plat. plugs or else your Check Engine light will come on.

The Plat. plugs are also why you got 102k out of your first ones.



Not sure about the LA area but, 6 plugs at about $15 a piece is normal - plus labor if a garage does it.

[Plus beers, if I do it... :) ]

[[Correction, %26quot;plus beers as I watch you do it and I supervise.%26quot;]]





Total should be less than $200 if you do it. $325ish if done at a shop.How much should it cost to change the spark plugs and replace the transmission fluid/filter on a Grand Prix?
Considering, it's a 2002 with that many miles i would also have the spark plus wires replaced. Get the platinum spark plugs.



I had my done by the dealer for about 85 dollars.



Also, I changed the fluid myself. The fluid is expensive for this car type. You need type IV.



I used Castrol and it took 4 quarts costing 6 bucks a piece.





So your looking at about 125-150 bucks if you do the tranny fluid yourself.