Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change transmission fluid in Toyota Matrix?

I want to change the transmission fluid in my '05 Toyota Matrix. Is there a filter to replace too? Ok, so I unscrew the drain plug and drain the old fluid. When I refill with new fluid, can I pour it into the tranny dipstick hole, or do I have to pump it into the fill hole underneath the car? Thanks!How to change transmission fluid in Toyota Matrix?
there is no filter to replace. yes... drain the fluid through the drain plug and fill it through the dipstick tube. MAKE SURE YOU USE ONLY TOYOTA TRANSMISSION FLUID. it's called %26quot; type T-IV%26quot;. don't use anything else. it may cause shifting problems later on.

what you are doing is called a %26quot;drain and fill%26quot;, this should not take more than 4 quarts of fluid.

make sure to check the level with the engine running, in park and the fluid must be hot.

if you have anyother questions, let me know.How to change transmission fluid in Toyota Matrix?
Can someone help me locating the transsmision drain plug for 2006 toyota matrix

Report Abuse