Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hi everyone, I drive a 2002 nissan altima 2.5s auto. How often should I change my transmission fluid?

Which transmission fluid should I use for my car?

I will have somebody to do it for me.

I don't want to take it back to nissan because they charge too much.

Do you guys have any places recmmomened? (I live in Santa Monica/West LA).

thank you very muchHi everyone, I drive a 2002 nissan altima 2.5s auto. How often should I change my transmission fluid?
Check with a local dealership, they will tell you. If you drive it hard do it twice as often as the recommend. So. Cal heat is hell on these new auto transmissions. The air temp is lower that pavement temp. Oil is cheap, parts aren't. A good transmission shop will flush the whole system not just the oil pan. The pan only holds at best 1/4 of the oil the rest is in the lines and torque converter.Hi everyone, I drive a 2002 nissan altima 2.5s auto. How often should I change my transmission fluid?
If the fluid is very dirty (brownish), I recommend a transmission fluid flush and

treatment done first by a professional (cost about $150) then

just simply drain and fill (cost about $30-$50) once every

12months or 15k miles. This will maintain the unit with

clean red fluid extending the life of your transmission. Nissan

matic %26quot;d%26quot; is recommended but techron/mercon is also compatible.